It has been seen in the recent times that CNA as a career is growing at a rapid speed. If you are a nursing aspirant in Louisiana and wish to work professionally as a CNA in the state, then it is mandatory for you to get yourself registered at the Nurse Aide Registry of Louisiana.
But, Louisiana Nurse Aide Registry has its own list of requirements, which are need to be fulfilled by a nursing student in order to get them listed in the Nurse Aide Registry of the state. They are listed below:
- It is essential for the nursing students to complete the 75 hours of accredited CNA training program. This program consists of 16 hours of hands-on practical training and rest of the hours is devoted to the classroom instruction classes.
- It is mandatory for the students to clear the CNA examination, in order to receive CNA certification.
- As soon as the certification is received, they are registered in the Louisiana Nurse Aide Registry.
- One must also clear the criminal background check.
However, the requirements of being listed in the state nurse aide registry might differ from state to state. The nurse aide registry of Louisiana lists all the active and certified nursing assistants in the state. A certified nursing assistant who has not practiced as a CNA at least for 24 hours within 2 years from the issue of certification are not listed in the registry.
Another important point to keep you listed in Louisiana Nurse Aide Registry is to renew your CNA certification within every 2 years or 24 months. If you are a nursing assistant in another state, but wish to work professionally in the state of Louisiana, then you need to apply for the transfer of certification in the Louisiana Nurse Aide Registry.
The registry only asks for submitting some proofs, which are as follows:
- Employment proof from your domicile state
- Proof that you have completed the CNA training and have received certification for the same.
These verifications are submitted along with the Interstate transfer application.
Address of the Nurse Aide Registry of Louisiana
Louisiana State Board of Examiners for Nursing Facility Administrators
5647 Superior Drive, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70816
Phone: (225) 295-8575
Fax: (225) 295-8578