Virginia CNA Jobs
If you are aiming health career field as your career option by becoming Virginia CNA then, it is right choice for you, as all US states are already facing the shortage of qualified certified nurse aides and this state is also facing the shortage problem. Hence, there is huge demand for CNAs due to ever rising population growth, increase of ageing population and baby booms in the state of VI.
The basic requirements for your working qualification include:
- Complete classroom course instructions and clinical trainings as approved by the federal OBRA-87 and state authorities under the guidance of LPN.
- Sit for CNA Certification test under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Pass the state Certification test
- Get listed with VI Nurse Aide Registry.
The registration with the VI Registry allows you to work in hospitals, long term care facility, rehabilitation centers, adult care centers, travel nurse, hospice, nursing homes, mental care centers and home setting.
VI CNA Job duties and responsibilities under the supervision of RN or Physician include:
- Basic Nursing Cares
- Act as mouth and ear to RN or LPN.
- Report everyday condition of the patient to these nurses.
- Adult care
- Personal Nursing Cares
- Promotion and Respect of Patients’ Rights and Independence
- Restorative cares
- Emergency Care Service and Infection control.
- Mental Care
- Additional Duties
Virginia CNAs can earn a salary of $20,800 to $27,040 annually. The salary variation is due to your job location, type & size of the facility, working environment, experience, education and so on.