If you are searching for better career options and indecisive about the right job selection, you are advised to opt for the CNA Jobs. There are various factors, which have made certified nurse aide jobs most lucrative and they includes:
- Do not need higher education, just high school diploma or GED can get you enrollment in a CNA Training program.
- Duration of the program is very short, 4 to 6 weeks long.
- Training can be completed by attending campus based regular classes, free training if you have financial constraint and online program, if you are working anywhere.
- Economic recession has affected all service sectors except health care field, where jobs for certified nurse aides are booming, due to increase in ageing population, immigrations and baby booms. You can get easy employment in different health care facilities.
- Experienced gained during CNA jobs are advantageous, when you opt for advanced nursing jobs through continuing education.
- You can work, full time, part time and weekend as per your convenience.
- Pays enough salary to sustain your everyday living.
Prerequisite for the Certified Nurse Assistant Job:
- Completion of state and OBRA-87 approved CNA training of respective state.
- Earn Certification by passing the competency evaluation test.
- Get registered with state Nurse Aide Registry, for legal working permission.
- · Long Term Care Units and Nursing Homes
- · Hospitals, Hospice, Adult care centers, mental care facility and Rehabilitation centers.
- · Home practice
- · Physicians Office and School Nurse Aide
- · Other Health Care Facilities
- Basic nursing and clinical skills.
- Emergency Cares
- Infection control
- Use of medical terminology
- General Nursing Cares
- Personal Care
- CPR services
- Use of Safety techniques
- Promotion and respect of Patients’ rights and independence
- Care of dementia or cognitively suffered patients
- mental health services
- Restorative care services
- Emotional Support
You will also be an important member of medical team and work as a mouth and ear of RN, by reporting everyday condition of the patient. You also work under the direct supervision of RN, LPN or Physician.
CNA Job Salary
As a Certified nurse aide, you can earn at least $22,000 to $30,000 per year or $12 to $17 per hour depending upon various key factors, such as position, years of experience, location, place of employment, education, size and type of the facility and others.
Future Job Prospect
According to U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the employment opportunity for CNAs will see a growth of 21% by 2014 and 500,000 more additional employees will be needed. By 2018, growth will be around 17% and 250,000 more employees will be needed to serve in various health care facilities all over America.
But, the most important quality that is needed in a CNA Job is compassionate nature, humble behavior and caring of all class of people, irrespective of different natures, cultures and envirnments.